Tuesday, May 31, 2016

A Day at the Magnolia Silos in Waco.


Last week after I had gone to my room to wind down before I went to sleep, my mom texted my sister and I and asked if we would be interested in driving up to Waco the next morning to see the Magnolia Silos and eat lunch at the food trucks. Of course we said yes! The next morning we drove up to Waco and happened to drive through McGregor on the way in order to avoid construction on I-35. I remembered that the new Magnolia B&B was in McGregor and we were able to see it when we passed through! It was so lovely and neat to see some of the Gaines’ work in person.



My mom had been to the Silos once before with my dad and she knew where to park. I say that because there are lots near the Silos that charge $10 to park and we parked to the left of the property for free! I knew the silos were going to be big, but I didn’t anticipate how large they were actually going to be.




The first thing we did was walk over to the food-truck area because we wanted to try the gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches and we were not disappointed! All three of us ordered “The Boss” at CheddarBox. That sandwich had gouda cheese, bacon, and chopped basil on sourdough. It was sooo good! I was so impressed and would definitely order it again. We ate our lunch at one of the many picnic tables provided. Some were covered with cute black and white striped awnings.

via //


After we ate lunch, we walked over to the garden before heading into the store. It was really cute and also had a seed shop, which is supposed to open soon. In the center of the property, there is a large green space where guests can play Frisbee, corn hole, and other games. One cute element beside the green space was a set of wooden swings (I love swings). Chip and Joanna are also building some sort of pavilion beside the green space as well.  My best guess is that it will house additional seating or be a platform for music or something else.







Once inside the store there is so much to look at! Everything is very cute, but also expensive. If you look around, you can find some things that are a little less expensive to take home. The main floor of the store has cute displays and is somewhat separated by theme (i.e. Kitchen, Living Room, Decór). The lower level of the store used to be called “Scratch n’ Dent,” but now it is more decór. There are cute signs, cotton stalks, Joanna’s jewelry, wire baskets, mugs, hats, etc. My sister and I both got baseball hats and my mom got the popular hymn cards and a cute ceramic pig that holds a recipe card.





After we left the Silos, we drove over to Common Grounds on the Baylor campus, but it had just closed for the day. We were going to head home, but decided to drive past Clint Harp’s shop and house next door. His shop and house were in somewhat of a sketchy neighborhood, but there were plenty of tourists not to be worried. The shop was so cute and so was the house (which in my opinion was the best transformation on the show).





Overall, the day was great and I would definitely go back (even if just for the grilled cheese haha)! 

Thanks for reading and I hope you'll join me for another fun post next Tuesday! 

Weekly Truth:
"Let the peace of Christ keep you in tune with each other, in step with each other. None of this going off and doing your own thing. And cultivate thankfulness. Let the Word of Christ - the Message - have the run of the house. Give it plenty of room in your lives. Instruct and direct one another using good common sense. And sing, sing your hearts out to God! Let every detail in your lives - words, actions, whatever - be done in the name of the Master, Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way." -Colossians 3:15-17 (MSG) 

No comments:

Post a Comment