Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Summer Break Scenes | Charleston.


{via Pinterest}


I thought that since I was traveling so much this summer that I would share some of my adventures with y’all! First I wanted to blog about Charleston. Charleston, South Carolina is one of (if not my most favorite) favorite places in the whole world. The home town of Rhett Butler, southern belles, wraparound porches, carriage rides, outdoor markets, sweet grass baskets and flowers, salt and sand, sweet tea, and the best sea food this side of the Mississippi. There is something so enchanting about being by the beach and all of the beautiful sights to see and things to enjoy. I’ve been going to Charleston since I was a little girl and it has always held a special place in my heart. This summer our trip was a girl’s trip with some of our favorite people. We always have a good time, laugh until we cry, and of course take lots of pictures. Without further ado…

Our first stop in Charleston was going to the beach. 

One of our favorite beaches in Charleston is Isle of Palms


We sat somewhat near the pier and I saw that some guys had brought their Eno to the beach like I had and they hung theirs underneath the pier. I was so happy that I had decided to bring mine to the beach and we had fun hanging in it and taking lots of pictures under the pier. 

After the beach, I discovered that I was miserably sunburned on my upper legs and wrist (probably the strangest places for a sunburn). We went to our hotel near the Charleston Marina and Porter Gaud School and showered and got ready for dinner downtown. Our hotel was wonderful and offered a free shuttle that took us directly to Market St. so we didn't have to find a place to park! 


We walked around a little on our way to the restaurant for dinner. Unfortunately, the Charleston Market was closing up so we couldn't shop, but it was fun to walk through anyways. 



We went to Charleston just after the shooting at the church and the town was empty. We were so shocked that the town was so empty so we had to take a few pictures to show how empty one of the busiest streets usually is. 


We had dinner at Hyman's Seafood. It was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S. Even though Charleston wasn't as busy as it usually is, there was still a small wait at Hyman's. We waited outside and sat on the joggling board and they offered us samples of lemonade and fresh hush puppies. There are so many different things to choose from when ordering. I ordered two appetizers as my meal and my sister and mom split a seafood platter. I highly recommend the crab cakes (they were superb)! 

After dinner we walked over to King Street and walked past all of the shops.

I thought this theater was so pretty, so we had to take a picture in front of it. It kind of reminds me of the theater from the Notebook (even though that theater is just a little ways up from this one).


A pretty pink building downtown.

Beautiful window boxes.


One of my favorite places in all of Charleston is the Charleston Waterfront Park. We didn't get there in enough time to take good pictures, but here's one. It's my favorite place because there is a long boardwalk lined with porch swings. I love to swing and this is the perfect place to do it overlooking the water. 

If you ever get a chance to go to Charleston, take it! It is so wonderful and I'm sure you will love it as much as I do! I'll be heading out on my next summer adventure soon, so be sure to check back for new pictures and exciting tales!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment