Friday, July 10, 2015

Puppy {Tails}: Treats.

Almost three years ago my family got a puppy. My sister and I had been asking for a dog for a really long time and we finally got one. Her name is Zofie and she is a miniature poodle and is the sweetest little dog and loves attention. The cutest thing I think she does is when she runs to greet my daddy when he comes home from work. She can’t sit still and her tail wags and she is so happy to see him!


I’ve wanted to make her some doggy treats for a while and I finally did! I made Oatmeal, Peanut Butter & Banana Dog Treats from the website "Miss Molly Says". I let her smell the dough and lick my fingers and she got so excited. The recipe I used was so simple to use and I will definitely use it again. I took some pictures of the recipe as I made it to show you how easy it was. If you have a dog, you should definitely try this recipe. My puppy loved it!!!

Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/3 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup mashed banana, 1 egg, and a cute cookie cutter

First, add the oats.

Then add the whole wheat flour.

Next, peanut butter. 

Then mash the banana. It should come out to be almost one half cup. 

Add the egg and mix everything together. 

It should form into a ball.

You can either press out the dough with your hands or a rolling pin. Then cut out the dough with your cookie cutter and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. 

Bake them for 20 minutes at 300F.

They should about the same as when you put them in the oven, just a little drier. 

Someone's excited!

You can store them in a tin or whatever you would like to use. You could also share some with other doggy friends or give them as gifts by using a little gift bag with tissue paper and some ribbon.


She said they were delicious!

I hope you try this recipe and let me know how if your doggy likes it as much as mine did! 


No comments:

Post a Comment