Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Notecards & Dreams.

There’s just something about getting a hand-written note in the mail from someone that is precious and heartfelt. I love words. I love the thoughts behind them. I like thinking about the person who wrote the words to me and them thinking about me while writing them. Writing thank you notes is one of my favorite things to do. It may seem tedious to some and sometimes is, but it makes me more appreciative of what I’ve been given. These thoughts and feelings of gratitude make me think of my beautiful Savior. He is so wonderfully gracious and merciful to us with all he has given and blessed us with. It should be a pleasure to live our lives as a “thank you card” to Christ. We should reflect all of the goodness he has given us in our everyday lives in the way we walk and talk. I guess that’s just another perspective on the topic of being grateful.

More often than not I find myself thinking about the future. What will happen in the next few years as I finish college? Where I will live after college? When will I meet my future husband? When will I get married? When will the life I’ve always dreamed about happen? These are all questions I have and wonder about. For a while I had an idea of where my life was going, but then things changed. During that time of transition and change from my state of comfortableness, I was broken. It was in that time that God made something beautiful grow. My friendships were strengthened and my understanding of being with Christ was deepened. Living a life with Christ is beautiful and I’m so thankful that I have Christ. He’ll always be in my corner even when the world feels like it is crashing down. I can’t say that I am looking forward to more times of trial, but I am looking forward to more times of growth that deepen my desire to become more intimate in my relationship with Christ and to know him more fully. So thinking about my dreams for the future and my relationship with Christ, I know that growing with and closer to Christ will allow me to see how truly important Christ is. 

My hope and constant is knowing that God has been faithful and always will be. I pray that his praise will ever be on my lips and that I will always be reminded of his kindness, strength, power to restore, transformation from ashes to beauty, and why he is my reason to sing!

{The LORD says, ‘I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble.  I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.’ –Psalm 91:14-16}

No comments:

Post a Comment