Saturday, May 23, 2015

Biltmore For A Day.

One of the pleasures of being back in the South is visiting places I haven’t been to in awhile. However, this time was different. Why? The dresses and costumes from one of my favorite shows, Downton Abbey, were on display at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina. The dresses had exquisite beading detail and beautiful fabrics. My favorite dresses were the debutant’s dresses from Lady Rose MacClare’s introduction to society. I also loved another of Lady Rose’s dresses that was an in-house party dress. The ambience of the house was wonderfully matched to that of the dresses and costumes on display. After touring the house with its’ long corridors and beautifully decorated rooms, we got to see some of the grounds and gardens. I loved seeing the beautifully trimmed lawns and fountains. The rose garden was lovely with all the different types of roses and it reminded a little of the Mirabell Palace Gardens in Salzburg that I toured last summer. On our way back to the car we walked through the green houses and a hot house. I was really excited to see a real hot house after watching all of the Jane Austen movies like Pride & Prejudice and Sense & Sensibility. It was wonderful to experience the Biltmore again and see all of the wonderful dresses from Downton Abbey. Thank you, Asheville, for a wonderful afternoon!


-C

p.s. 
All of the pictures are my own except for the last two.
















Debutante Gowns via Pinterest

Lady Rose MacClare Party Dress via Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment