Saturday, January 10, 2015

Thankful for home.


In the spirit of welcoming the new year, I want to list some things I was thankful for over my Christmas break spent at home.
  1. Showering in my own CLEAN bathroom without shower shoes.
  2. Having my room to myself and not being woken up before I had to be.
  3. Being able to get ready leisurely and not having to rush to class.
  4. Home cooked meals.
  5. Cooking and baking.
  6. Seeing my family for the first time since August.
  7. Being home!
  8. Not having to pay for laundry or wait for an open washer/dryer.
  9. Time to relax and get rid of pent up stress.
  10. Time to think.
  11. Solid time with God.

Although I enjoy being at school and with my friends, I truly enjoyed being home. There is just something about being away from it all that relaxes me and helps me “recuperate” after a stressful, yet fun first semester at college. I pray that during this next semester I will focus on what is important and not fuss over smaller details, but be thankful for what I have been gifted with. College is a time for growth and now is the time to take the opportunity because college is a one-time experience! I hope y’all have the most wonderful day!

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.”
-James 1:17

-C

p.s.
here is a list of verses on being thankful J



No comments:

Post a Comment