Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sweet Memories.

The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything, Junie B. Jones, Amelia Bedelia, Too Many Pumpkins, The Giant Jam Sandwich, All Tutus Should Be Pink, Henry and Mudge, Jamberry, The Cookie Store Cat… and the list goes on and on and on! These are the stories that describe my childhood and bring back such sweet memories. Those of my mom reading to me, hearing my grade school teachers read in class, or sitting in the sun on the carpet by the window in my grandparent’s living room while reading one of these books. Children’s books have a way about them that can bring back good memories to almost everyone. I love reminiscing about my childhood every time I pass the children’s section in a store. Opening those books allows me to escape into a little pocket joy and forget about the stresses of life and school and forgetting about that paper that is due or the test that I have coming up, if only for a few minutes. Each time I think about those books I get excited about the opportunity I have to share those same memories with my future students! I hope that they will remember the wonderful stories I read to them and that they will treasure them and be reminded of a sweet time in their lives later down the road. So here’s to more wonderful stories and memories to come!

What are some of your favorite stories?

-C


No comments:

Post a Comment