Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Whatever.


I love thinking. Thinking about life, God, crafts, the future, cooking, love, school, memories, seasons changing... you name it (well...most of it), I love to think about it. I love to think about how God has so lovingly crafted us with imaginations and minds to think about wonderful things that fill our hearts with joy. (side note: God is AMAZING)!

Recently, I've been thinking about all of these wonderful crafts and diy projects I want to do and new recipes I want to make and I just thought about how amazing God is to inspire such wonderful thoughts. He has provided me with a gift to create and I want to use it for His glory.


One of my favorite blogs and instagram accounts belongs to Meg Duerksen (all images are hers). I love her love and use of color in everything. Her blog is so full of joy and every time she posts pictures of her beautiful home or flower-filled backyard I want to happy dance because it is so pretty! Her blog is called "Whatever..." and at first I was like "....well alright then. That's an interesting name." Then I realized that it was named after a verse found in Philippians.

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your eyes on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." // Philippians 4:8 (NLT)


I love how she focuses on things that are so lovely and joy-filled. I admire her zeal for life and the pleasures of everyday. I pray that each person (including myself) would seek out the joy in everyday amidst the brokenness of this world. People and the news tend to focus on the negative aspects of this world, but forget to remember one thing...God is STILL sovereign and He is coming again! This is hope for the future and brings unfathomable peace and joy to me. God is so good and so faithful!

I pray that each of you would choose to seek out the joy in the everyday and to focus on God's goodness!

Weekly Truth:
"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your eyes on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." // Philippians 4:8 (NLT)

I hope you enjoyed this post and received some encouragement from it! Check back next week for another post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment