Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Notebook Makeover.


When sitting in class it's sometimes difficult to stay fully focused. I thought if I had cuter school supplies I would be more motivated (or maybe I just need more sleep)! I decided to do something about this unfortunate circumstance and decorated my notebooks! I did this last semester; however, the notebooks were a different brand and the sharpie I wrote with always got scratched off the cover. This semester, I stood in the notebook aisle at Target and contemplated which type of notebook I should buy for about 15 minutes. I finally decided on the 89 cent ones, even though they were on the non-attractive side. When I got home I came up with this idea to cover them with scrapbook paper and draw the names of my classes in sharpie. Here is the DIY for creating your own school notebooks!

Find some unused notebooks around your house or buy some new ones. This is how I labeled my notebooks last year and they looked kind of boring in my opinion.


Next pick out a piece of scrapbook paper that you like and cut it to fit the front cover of your notebook. I bought this pack of paper from Hobby Lobby a few years ago when it was on sale. They still sell this specific pack, but it's probably not on sale at the moment. Then put double-sided tape on the backside of the paper in the four corners and then attach it to the notebook.


Once I finished that I realized that there was no pocket inside the front cover. I needed a place to corral my loose papers and handouts, so I decided to add one! I took the remaining piece of paper from the coordinating cover color and measured the length to fit the inside cover of the notebook. I left room at either end of the paper to fold in the edges.




I added another strip of paper to the bottom of the new pocket and then folded it in. After all of the edges and strips were folded and attached, I placed strips of double-sided tape on each edge and attached it to the inside cover of the notebook.




Now you have a new pocket!



For the final touch, I typed each of my class titles in different fonts in Word. Then I freehanded each of the class names on to the coordinating colored notebook.



You’re finished and you can feel more motivated about going to class with your cute new notebook! Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a comment!



3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love how cute these turned out! I'm so impressed at how perfect your letters are!
    Random side note, I'm taking Physical Science this semester, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love trying out new fonts for stuff like this! And that's so funny that we're taking the same class!

      Delete
  2. These are wonderful!
    Thanks for fixin' up my art sketch book last night! I am actually somewhat excited for the class now :)

    <3 O

    ReplyDelete